1. Looking back at the blog - what video's were most interesting to you?
I thought the TED talk about how education isn't about school was most interesting.
2. Looking back at your classmates videos and posts - which were most impressive and interesting?
I thought Andrew's video about reserve was very impressive and really caught the viewer's eye.
3. What are three things that you will take away from this course? Why? Please elaborate.
1. How social media is really a norm in everyone's life. Everyone has a twitter or a FaceBook, where everyone is able to communicate with one another.
2. How social media is very informational and useful for educational purposes. Twitter could be used to relay a message from the Admissions office of one school to prospective students.
3. Videos aren't just for humorous reasons, they are also to open one's imagination out of there current state of mind.
4. What was your contribution to your group's final movie? Who was a leader in your group? What would you have done differently - especially if you had more time?
I helped filmed and tried to help Andrew edit. Margot was our group leader, but Andrew took all the editing into his own hands. If we had more time, I think we would have interviewed more students to get more questions to answer for prospective students.
5. What are three links you wish to promote and why? How can social media be a tool for social good?
1. http://www.goodneighborstuff.com/ . These guys have great humor and are even becoming famous. Beck Bennett, one of the three characters in this group, is now one of AT&T's commercial guys.
2. http://www.thefancy.com/ . Cool products. A good source of procrastination.
3. http://www.iwastesomuchtime.com/ . Cool website if you are bored and need a source of entertainment.
Social media is a tool for social good because it is an accessible place for all to spread the word about something, share a certain idea or video with the public, or even support some kind of movement. Social media is basically used by everyone so you are able to spread something very easily, whether that is something informational or something that you have made.
6. What suggestions do you have for the future of this ECHO: teaching social media? Was the class blog helpful? Would you have liked to have created your own blog?
The class was very fun and I learned a lot about how social media and websites are actually very helpful. The class blog was an accessible way to communicate with all the students in the class and post all our assignments. Creating our own blog would complex and everyone would have to jump around to find something someone else has posted. Having it all centralized on one website made it simple and fun to do.