Sunday, March 3, 2013

What Did Aekta Think???


1. Looking back at the blog - what video's were most interesting to you?
               I thought that the video that Joey posted "People Are Awesome" was totally wicked. It's incredible what people can do. It makes me think about how much time they would have to practice just to get that down perfect. 
              I also thought that the animation version of the Ted' sTalk was really interesting. It captured my interest and helped me understand it better than I would if it was just the guy talking. It was an interesting concept and pretty fascinating. 
             Lastly, I thought that the "Why Are We Here? Connection" video was a different viewpoint of life. Although it didn't make me ponder about why I'm here, it was refreshing and cute. A little moment away from the stress of the real world :)

2. Looking back at your classmates videos and posts - which were most impressive and interesting?
             I definitely have to give a shout out to Barnabus' and Jenny's video. It flows smoothly, and it doesn't seem like it was made my Reserve sophomores in the least. I can imagine that it did take over 20 hours to do that. That's some dedication.
           Also to KOB's Harlem Shake video. I'm pretty jealous; I wanted to do one in one of my classes, but I couldn't. I think it's cool that KOB allowed that and on top of that he was pretty into it as well. 
           Finally, I loved the "Picture of the Day" that Azziz and his group took. Beautiful picture and beautiful place. The Victory Bell is a great symbol of Reserve and the picture clearly illustrated it's value.

3. What are three things that you will take away from this course? Why? Please elaborate.
            I think I realize more about the negative aspects of having social media. For example, to the extent that colleges can track you-whether it's a private status or not and they also check who you are friends with to try and figure you out.
           Also, to be extremely careful with what you post on the web; colleges (as mentioned before,) it can never be taken back, and I was shocked to hear about the Amanda Todd scenario. I was pretty surprised and disgusted. I think it's crazy how one mistake could ruin her life and cause her to commit suicide-and it was all through the web.
          Lastly, I think that I will take back the Ted Talks. I think they raise interesting topics and viewpoints on how to deal with them. The people there address both past, current, and future problems and it's kind of fascinating. It's also nice that they have people from all different backgrounds come and speak.

4. What was your contribution to your group's final movie? Who was a leader in your group? What would you have done differently - especially if you had more time?
          I took a lot of photos/videos, and helped brainstorm events (to take pictures of,) and come up with the overall ideas. Unfortunately, only some of my pictures were in the final video because for some reason, my camera could not upload them onto the computer :( I think that the three main people in our group were myself, Anna B., and Barnabus. If we had more time our video would have definitely been much better. We would have had more diversity, more people contributing, and definitely better quality. Although, Jack put in a heroic effort at the end :p

5. What are three links you wish to promote and why? How can social media be a tool for social good?
            1.) Kid President- this is a really inspiring video that keeps a smile on your face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gQLqv9f4o
            2.) Colin Stokes: How Movies Teach Manhood (TedTalks) -  I think that this addresses an interesting topic and his point of view can cause some interesting responses (disagreements and agreements) http://www.ted.com/talks/colin_stokes_how_movies_teach_manhood.html
            3.) Cameron Russell: Looks Aren't Everything. Believe me, I'm a Model. (TedTalks)- I think this video addresses a really important 'value'- image. Totally worth watching (especially if you are a girl). \
http://www.ted.com/talks/cameron_russell_looks_aren_t_everything_believe_me_i_m_a_model.html

        I definitely think that social media can be both good and bad. It can be good because, in like these three videos, it can encourage, inspire, and get one to think more about important and broader topics. If one uses it right, social media can be really helpful and get you all the right places.

6. What suggestions do you have for the future of this ECHO: teaching social media? Was the class blog helpful? Would you have liked to have created your own blog?
         I definitely suggest giving us more time/headway on our final project. That would have given us the time to make our video much better. I think that our time was well spent and I was exposed to some stuff that I hadn't seen or realized before. I liked our class blog and do not think it's necessary to have an individual one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment