Sunday, March 3, 2013

Charvi's Conclusive Cogitation

1. Looking back at the blog - what video's were most interesting to you?

2. Looking back at your classmates videos and posts - which were most impressive and interesting?

3. What are three things that you will take away from this course? Why? Please elaborate.

4. What was your contribution to your group's final movie? Who was a leader in your group? What would you have done differently - especially if you had more time?

5. What are three links you wish to promote and why? How can social media be a tool for social good?

6. What suggestions do you have for the future of this ECHO: teaching social media? Was the class blog helpful? Would you have liked to have created your own blog?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1. The videos that intrigued me the most were the funny ones and the ones that were informative about how the world today is advancing with the use of technology. One specifically that stuck to me, was the effects of technology on our generation. It interested me in how the progression of technology changes learning for later generations and how a gap is created between those who are perhaps not as integrated with the use of technology.



2. Of all the videos that were posted, my favorites were the one that Azziz made about Reserve, it was very nicely edited. Also the one Sarah and Zoe had made earlier about Reserve too, it was very well put together.



3. Three things I will take away from this class are:
- The different social networks available I can use, that I was not very informed about. Things such as Pinterest, and Twitter
- How technology affects the world. From all of the articles we read and videos we watched, many of them spoke about how people in different parts of the world are learning to use the technology we have to better their own societies
- Infographics- I had never heard of them and had no clue how to make them. I think they are a good visual representation of information.



4. I contributed by meeting with them from time to time and coming up with some ideas for the video, as well as being in the video itself. Charnley played the role of leader in our group, he was always initiating the conversations for as to when we should all meet and was organizing the ideas. If we had more time, I think I would’ve liked to change the basic idea of our video, and maybe a clearer theme as to what our video was supposed to be about.



5. Social media can be used for good by creating awareness about things most people don’t know about. Social media is the best way to reach a large audience, as a good portion of the world’s population uses it. Twitter especially is a great tool to trend change for the better.
The first link I would like to promote is a video about a teenage boy that throws a fit when his parents take his favorite video game away from him. I found it very entertaining and funny so I thought it would be a good video to share.




The second link I wish to share is a video that shows a man climbing to the top of a tower that is around 2000 feet above the ground. I found it interesting as to what some people have to do as part of their jobs. Also, how frightening of an experience it is to just watch him climb to the top of this tower.




The last link I wanted to share is a video I found very inspiring. It is about a man in the Olympics, and how things don’t go as planned for him. What inspired me was to how he continued on, as to how all people should in their own lives.




6. Teaching social media was a very interesting echo module in which I learned many new and different uses of technology. Some suggestions as to make this echo even more enjoyable than it was, would be to maybe have a greater variety of activities, as most of our time consisted of watching videos or reading different articles. I feel that the class blog was very helpful, it was an organized way to have all of our work in one consolidated place. I would have liked to create my own blog, it could’ve been an interesting experience.

Thanks Mr.O’Brien for such an amazing echo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment