Friday, March 1, 2013

reflection and videos-margot


1. Looking back at the blog - what video's were most interesting to you?

I really liked some of the Ted Talks videos- the speakers are all very well educated and keep us interested. I also enjoyed the cat video and Kid President

2. Looking back at your classmates videos and posts - which were most impressive and interesting?
I really liked Azziz's first video from Echo. It was very nicely edited, flowed well, and made Reserve very appealing. 

3. What are three things that you will take away from this course? Why? Please elaborate.
After being forced to un-friend Sara Shore on Facebook and was still able to see all of her photos, I will definitely be careful and cautious about what pictures and comments I post. I've learned some really cool things about what people are doing around the world such as the number of schools that are working hard to implement technology into it's daily schedule.  I also have learned to tweet!
4. What was your contribution to your group's final movie? Who was a leader in your group? What would you have done differently - especially if you had more time?
 
For our last video, I would say that I was the leader or director of it because it is for my own Morgan Leader project.  Everyone else in the group was really helping me. However, Andrew Fazekash put an amazing amount of work into it as he did all of the video editing by himself...THANK YOU! 

5. What are three links you wish to promote and why? How can social media be a tool for social good?
    (links below)

6. What suggestions do you have for the future of this ECHO: teaching social media? Was the class blog helpful? Would you have liked to have created your own blog?


I think that this Echo was very interesting. I had no idea what to expect coming into this class but it was definitely different from any other class I have taken while at Reserve. The class blog was helpful to keep everyone's comments and ideas in one link. Also, I'd never used a blog before so that was a new experience. I kind of wish that we did more "work" and less Youtube video watching...as weird as that sounds. 




1. This is a video I found on Facebook the other day. Though it's slightly lengthy (14 minutes), once I started watching I couldn't stop. It's about a guy who gets shot, multiple times, is pronounced dead..multiple times, and managed to make it through and is now fully appreciative of his life. It makes you think you need to start being like him and "living life" while you have the chance:
****2. This is one of the most amazing stories I've ever heard of. After Thanksgiving, a family was driving back to their house and got in a terrible accident. The mom died and her 9 year old daughter was severely injured. She has been suffering from a traumatic brain injury, a collapsed lung, 3 broken ribs, broke femur, a de-gloved foot & lost 4 toes. The father, now an only parent, has taking amazing care of his daughter and his son who was also slightly injured. The father is keeping a Facebook page with updates every day on his daughter's progress. What I appreciate the most is that he is writing about half of the posts in the point of view of his daughter, so she will have something to read and understand what happened as she continues to get better. Amazing!


https://www.facebook.com/PrayingForTheNevils
3. Because everyone needs a laugh..and who doesn't love a funny baby?



No comments:

Post a Comment