Sunday, March 3, 2013
Patrick Mylott Reflects on his time in "Teaching New Media"
1. Looking back at the blog - what video's were most interesting to you?
"A Pep Talk from Kid President to You" was my favorite video posted on the blog. This is because what this child is saying is true. Especially when the message comes from someone so young, it makes you really want to believe.
2. Looking back at your classmates videos and posts - which were most impressive and interesting?
The infographics are very interesting to see how people present them and how many different topics can be covered.
3. What are three things that you will take away from this course? Why? Please elaborate.
1. Use Responsibly - anyone and everyone can and is looking at your social media
2. Editing videos - by completing this project, I now have a basic understanding of editing videos
3. Infographic - I can now create an infographic for homework or for business in my future
4. What was your contribution to your group's final movie? Who was a leader in your group? What would you have done differently - especially if you had more time?
I helped film different views of WRA, ,downtown, and interviewed a couple of people. The film would have been longer and more interviews would have been included.
5. What are three links you wish to promote and why? How can social media be a tool for social good?
6. What suggestions do you have for the future of this ECHO: teaching social media? Was the class blog helpful? Would you have liked to have created your own blog?
Assign the group project much earlier in the Echo Trimester.