Saturday, March 2, 2013

Any Comments...? Questions...?

1. Looking back at the blog - what video's were most interesting to you? 

As I looked back at the blog, I found the video of Sir Ken Robinson's animation/talk about changing education paradigms very interesting. He makes a good point about how schools are set up like factories, in which people are sent through schools according to their age, not their talent levels. However, schools haven't changed from this set-up and they probably won't any time soon either. This is an interesting, thought-provoking video though, which is why I liked it.

2. Looking back at your classmates videos and posts - which were most impressive and interesting?

This course introduced info-graphics to me, so I liked looking at what people created with those interesting images. I really enjoyed the group projects at the end of this echo module because of the different ideas and approaches to a project. The drive-by shots of WRA in one group's video was a nice touch as well.

3. What are three things that you will take away from this course? Why? Please elaborate.

I will take away these three things from this course:
     1. I now have the new skill of making info-graphics, which will help me better display information visually in future projects.
     2. I received a glimpse of editing videos from different projects in this course. 
     3. I now know the importance of computer coding in our modern world. This skill will become more and more prevalent in the future.

4. What was your contribution to your group's final movie? Who was a leader in your group? What would you have done differently - especially if you had more time? 

I was an actor in my group's final movie, and I had a spotlight in the closing seconds of the movie with my wink. Our group was mainly led by Charnley, who orchestrated much of the acting. If we had more time, we probably would have developed more of an obvious plot within our movie.


5. What are three links you wish to promote and why? How can social media be a tool for social good?



I want to promote this video because of the awesome things that people can do. It compiles a bunch of clips of random, seemingly average, performing amazing stunts. This video just shows how anyone with determination can accomplish a great feat.


This video is more of a funny video that went viral, but I think it's a great video because of the link it creates between generations, especially in the scene with Uncle Drew and Bill Russell. Though this may be a stretch, the video shows how age is nothing but a number. Therefore, older people are able to keep up with the "youngbloods," as Uncle Drew sometimes says.

This is a moving video about an organization that uses social media for social good. I'll let the video speak for itself because I feel I won't do the video justice with an inadequate description.

6. What suggestions do you have for the future of this ECHO: teaching social media? Was the class blog helpful? Would you have liked to have created your own blog?

I had a lot of fun in this Echo Module, and I see a lot of potential in this course. I think our groups could have been established in the beginning of the course, so we all knew who we were going to work with for the end project. The class blog helped organize a lot of the information and videos from class. It was helpful to me to have one blog where everything was located, which might not happen if each student had their own blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment