Saturday, March 2, 2013

Jillian Sutter and the terrible horrible no good very bad class reflection


1. Looking back at the blog - what video's were most interesting to you?
Honestly, my favorite videos were KOB's. I really enjoyed the TED talks, and I really appreciated the paper man video. I thought those videos shed light on specific, real things this class focused on. My favorite video, however, was holy cow Lisa. It was interesting to see College students working on virtually exactly what we are working on only in a high school setting or atmosphere.

2. Looking back at your classmates videos and posts - which were most impressive and interesting?
I thought the interviews turned out well. Some were interesting and funny, while others were serious and monotonous. This type of variation revealed the true community of Western Reserve Academy.

3. What are three things that you will take away from this course? Why? Please elaborate.
One thing that I will definitely take away is the seriousness of social media. I will most likely not goof off on twitter or Facebook because that would only be using social media for face value. Another thing I will take away is the effect of social media on the world. Technology is taking the world by storm and more and more elementary schools are implementing technology into their school programs. The effect should not be underestimated.

4. What was your contribution to your group's final movie? Who was a leader in your group? What would you have done differently - especially if you had more time?
A lot of outside meeting was hard to conspire because our group was diverse and busy. I played a part or acted in a few of the scenes, and met outside of the class times a few times including sitdown dinner for a short recording. Molly Hulver was definitely group leader, she took us under her wing. Her editing was great considering the less than par footage we left her with. If we had more time, the quality of our video would probably be much better and our footage would have character variation.

5. What are three links you wish to promote and why? How can social media be a tool for social good?
Lately I have begun watching a series of videos called "I am Second" and I am continually moved and challenged by them.



6. What suggestions do you have for the future of this ECHO: teaching social media? Was the class blog helpful? Would you have liked to have created your own blog?

I think that for the future of this echo it would be really helpful to maybe take a week to look at coding. Rather than watching how social media affects the world, watch it happen right before your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment