Sunday, March 3, 2013

1. Looking back at the blog - what video's were most interesting to you?
The video of Sir Ken Robinson's TED talk. It really made me think about whether or not the current system of schooling is the correct one. I had never really questioned the system before.

2. Looking back at your classmates videos and posts - which were most impressive and interesting?
I really liked Andrew's ski video. It was really funny. I also liked Molly's cricket video. It ripped out my heart strings and did a dance on them.

3. What are three things that you will take away from this course? Why? Please elaborate.
I will take away the idea that coding is a good idea, and we should learn it as we look for jobs. I also will take away the idea that the internet is more than just fun and games. It can be used to learn in ways that a teacher could never teach. Lastly, I will take with me an open-mindedness about technology. I now understand that technology is part of our lives and will be for ever. It can be used to make some pretty cool things.

4. What was your contribution to your group's final movie? Who was a leader in your group? What would you have done differently - especially if you had more time?
I was an actor in my groups final movie, most notably as a pile of clothes Charnley washed. Charnley was definitely a leader in the group, he sent out the e-mails asking to fim and decided what we would film. I would have started filming earlier -though not for lack of trying- since my group did not to actually film until very late in the allotted time. I also would have given the movie a more sense of a plot.

5. What are three links you wish to promote and why? How can social media be a tool for social good?
I would love to promote CGP Grey’s video on the difference between England and Great Britain, not only because it is very interesting, but also very easy to understand.

The next is a video by Hank Green, and I love this video simply because I love terrible jokes. They are easy to remember, ice-breakers that make even the most serious people giggle a little. I promote this video because it is the best video of terrible jokes to date.

The last video is one done by my favorite youtuber, Tobuscus. He completely encompasses the humor I like. While I may portray myself as a little more intelligent, I certainly laugh at all the things he does and laugh at him too.


6. What suggestions do you have for the future of this ECHO: teaching social media? Was the class blog helpful? Would you have liked to have created your own blog?
It would be really cool if the three teams had to post a video to youtube, and the see which got the most views. This would be a great final project, I think, but it would certainly need more than time than we had this season. The class blog was a great idea, it allowed me to see what I missed in the early weeks. However I think each student having their own blog would just be too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment