Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sarah's Reflection

1. Looking back at the blog - what video's were most interesting to you?
         One of the most interesting videos that I've seen, Margot posted. It was about a teenage boy, our age, you miraculously lived after being shot by one of his good friends. It really makes me realize how important it is to live in the moment and not take anything for granted, because anything can happen at any time. I also really liked the the ski jump video. A great video to make you laugh every time!

2. Looking back at your classmates videos and posts - which were most impressive and interesting?
         I really liked the video that Molly made about Caribou. She did a really good job with editing and filming. I also really liked the video the Margot posted about Jill. It was really fun to make that video with her.

3. What were three things that you will take away from this course? Why? Please elaborate.
        For one, before this class I would see people glued to their phones walking down brick row, and I always figured they were texting or tweeting, but now, I realize that they could be reading the newspaper or their email. Another thing that I will take away from this course is that once I post something to the internet it is there forever and everyone can see it.
       
4. What was your contribution to your group's final movie? Who was a leader in your group? What would you have done differently - especially if you had more time?
          I mostly contributed during class time, with shooting and ideas. The leader in our group was Margot and Andrew. Margot had most of the ideas because it was for her Morgan Leaders video and Andrew did all of the editing, because he had all of the equipment. I tried to figure out times when I could meet with them,  but it was all sort of unorganized, and I would have tried to go in and help.

5. What are three links you wish to promote and why? How can social media be a tool for social good?
        - http://youtu.be/l-gQLqv9f4o  - Really cool and inspirational.
        - http://youtu.be/IcZVGjG6LWM - Would never think that this little boy had a disease like that. Really cool
        - http://youtu.be/6klClwZVHfE - Very touching and inspirational

6. What suggestions do you have for the future of this ECHO: teaching social media? Was the class blog helpful? Would you have liked to have created your own blog?
        I would maybe give more time for the groups to make the final video. The class blog was very helpful to see what I missed the day I missed. No, I think having a blog already created was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment