Saturday, March 2, 2013

Jack's Reflection

1. Looking back at the blog - what video's were most interesting to you? I honestly thought some of the more interesting videos were the ones that are promoting the use of technology in schools. I feel like technology can only get more advanced, where there is no peak of how far we can go with it. Learning from technology, like we did in this echo, allows an individual to access information compiled by 7.2 billion people. People all over the world, know more than just any one teacher can tell you.

 2. Looking back at your classmates videos and posts - which were most impressive and interesting? I'm no video expert but I thought some of the videos created by my classmates are incredible, specifically Azziz's first video about Reserve that he created and Andrew's end of the class video. Some of the media work done by my friends is incredible. I was really impressed by some of the things that everyone did.

 3. What are three things that you will take away from this course? Why? Please elaborate. I think the most important thing I could take away from this course is how the world of teaching is evolving to incorporate the use of technology and how important in the future it is to know how to use some of the alternative types of media. The third thing I could take away would be a lot of the cool features that we learned about like the infographics, and TED talks. All of this stuff was incredibly valuable to learn and will take it as inspiration when I use the internet in the future.

 4. What was your contribution to your group's final movie? Who was a leader in your group? What would you have done differently - especially if you had more time? I ended up editing and putting together the final movie. I would say our leader was the beautiful Ms. Anna Ballard. It would have been nice to have more time since we were all fairly busy the past two weeks so we found we were rushing a little bit to get it together. I would have tried to meet maybe once as a group outside of class.

 5. What are three links you wish to promote and why? How can social media be a tool for social good? https://twitter.com/Fascinatingpics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ZmM7zPLyI http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/ I found all these links to be really insightful and really beautiful.

 6. What suggestions do you have for the future of this ECHO: teaching social media? Was the class blog helpful? Would you have liked to have created your own blog? I thought it was well done this year, I don't really have anything to add and I don't have anything to compare it to. I thought the class blog was a good idea since we see what it takes to blog and it could be our decision to make our own blog in the end. Other then giving us a little more time on the final project, I have nothing else to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment