Saturday, March 2, 2013

Andrew Fazekash Final Post


1. Looking back at the blog - what video's were most interesting to you?

I really enjoyed watching all of the TED talks. Along with that, the one on the hole in the wall computers today definitely posed an interesting question. Can education be done solely through technology?

2. Looking back at your classmates videos and posts - which were most impressive and interesting?

All of the videos were pretty good. I loved Azziz's video: Western Reserve Academy in a Minute.

3. What are three things that you will take away from this course? Why? Please elaborate. 

 - Social Media can be used be used for good and for time wasting.

 - Coding is the future.

 - Videos are a means to convey ideas and advertise.. They aren't just fruitless wastes of time. They are also an art form; I love making videos and wish I had more time to invest in them.

4. What was your contribution to your group's final movie? Who was a leader in your group? What would you have done differently - especially if you had more time?

I filmed a lot of it and edited the whole thing. I would have filmed a lot more and spent more time on the footage overall. I also would have used a tripod and a different editing program. I was short on time so I ended up using iMovie, which is really unprofessional. Margot was definitely the group leader, and talked me through the good times and the bad. Azziz also contributed tons of footage which I really appreciated! I really wish I had way more time.

5. What are three links you wish to promote and why? How can social media be a tool for social good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bek1y2uiQGA
I would like to share my first link because it changed my outlook completely on life. The video is inappropriate, but it shows that you need to live your life in a way that makes you happy; do what you want to do. This especially applies to your occupation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAibh3SqRUo
This video is inspirational.. This guy made the most out of his life given his circumstances. He also has a hot wife and a ton of money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRexWE9yBVA
This show was great, I wish it still were running. The goal these guys set out, to check off one item on their bucket list and do the same for another person, is similar to that which everyone should have. Fulfilling your own dreams is important but helping others with theirs is the most valuable thing you can do.

6. What suggestions do you have for the future of this ECHO: teaching social media? Was the class blog helpful? Would you have liked to have created your own blog?

The class blog was very helpful, I wouldn't change a thing about the blog setup. However, we should have consolidated all of the video projects into one huge final so we all could have invested more time into one and made it more meaningful.


No comments:

Post a Comment