1. Looking back at the blog - what video's were most interesting to you?
For me.. The WRA in a minute video was perfect for this course. It made me think more about Reserve and all the greatness that surrounds me everyday. I thought all of the TED talk videos brought up crucial points that we may not think of often.
2. Looking back at your classmates videos and posts - which were most impressive and interesting?
Once again, Azzizs' video was very impressive. I found the paper plane video very cool as well.
3. What are three things that you will take away from this course? Why? Please elaborate
1. I was informed of a few new social media websites that I believe I can use in the future, and teach my peers about them.
2. I learned the importance of being able to edit movies effectively. This is a skill only few know how to do so the more valuable it is.
3. the importance of using social media smartly is key. I've heard it being stressed upon too many times for there to be no meaning to it. Everyone should be aware that Social media is a privilege and should treat it just as any other.
4. What was your contribution to your group's final movie? Who was a leader in your group? What would you have done differently - especially if you had more time?
I took pictures around campus both during our class time and during the school week. I sent those pictures to Jack for him to put into our clip. Jack was the leader is the group, as well as Anna. I would have prepared better by getting a better camera and using our time more productively.
5. What are three links you wish to promote and why? How can social media be a tool for social good?
http://www.clubpenguin.com/?country=US - It's original, but its just a more time consuming, fun way to socialize with you penguin friends!
http://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse - A very easy way to learn more about subjects you are currently learning in class.
http://www.ted.com/ - Although we covered this a lot in class, it is an easy way to keep up with interesting in today's world.
Social media can be used as a tool for social good if you simply use it the way it was designed to be used. Before you post or comment on something think.."What would my Grandma think if she saw this...?"
6. What suggestions do you have for the future of this ECHO: teaching social media? Was the class blog helpful? Would you have liked to have created your own blog?
I suggest we choose our groups based on prior idea's we had for the final project. Yes, the class blog was very entertaining and helpful in the sense that I never knew how to blog before now. No, I think the class blog was a good idea because we could compare answers to the various interesting prompts.